Friday, December 18, 2009

How To Clean Jewelry With Household Products



Hand Sanitizer! Yes, I said it. Hand Sanitizer! I usually get my jewelry cleaned at CD Peacock by my jeweler. However, since its cold outside I decided to become lazy and do-it-myself. I looked around for all the traditional household products that I was told that works, such as Alka-seltzer tablets, Ammonia, Oxi-Clean, liquid detergent etc... What I did have on my bathroom sink was some hand sanitizer, so of course I USED IT. To my surprise, it was fabulous on my jewelry; I got so jewelry cleaning happy. My silly self started cleaning all my jewelry including the costume jewelry, which is plated and metal.

Wow! It worked so good I felt like; my jewelry was worth a million dollars, because it was blinging all over the sink. Now! I have to say I do not suggest you use any hand sanitizer, as some are much stronger than others are. However, I purchased mines from online at www.ItsCleanUSA.com. I am quite sure you can purchase it from Walgreens or your local drug store. I guess what makes them different from other companies, is there sanitizer is bio-based-so it is not going to affect anything, with the exception of clean everything. LOL

My Instructions are very SIMPLE:

1.) Apply Sanitizer on jewelry pieces
two.) Gently place your selected pieces into warm water
3.) Gently move bowl in a circular motion for about 10 seconds
4.) Let jewelry sit for up to 5 minutes
5.) Rinse with warm water
6.) Pat dry with a soft cloth
7.) You are done - YOUR JEWELRY LOOKS NEW AS IF IT'S BEEN LASERED CLEANED